Russian Life Extension Initiative
Mankind has turned into a consumer society standing at the edge of a total loss of the conceptual guidelines necessary for development. The majority of people are almost exclusively interested in merely maintaining their own comfortable lives.
Modern civilization, with its space stations, nuclear submarines, iPhones and Segways cannot save mankind from the limitations in the physical abilities of our bodies, nor from diseases and death.
We are not satisfied with modern achievements of scientific and technical progress. Science working for the satisfaction of consumer needs will not be able to ensure a technological breakthrough.
We believe that the world needs a different ideological paradigm. Within its framework it is necessary to form an underlying objective capable of pointing out a new direction for the development of all mankind and ensuring the achievement of a scientific and technical revolution.
The new ideology should assert, as one of its priorities, the necessity of using breakthrough technology for an improvement of man himself and not only of his environment.
We believe that it is possible and necessary to eliminate aging and even death, and to overcome the fundamental limits of the physical and mental capabilities currently set by the restrictions of the physical body.
Scientists from various countries in the world are already developing technology that ensures the creation of an artificial human body prototype within the next decade. The country that is first to declare its intention to combine these technologies to create working cybernetic organisms will become the leader of the most important world technological project of modern times. Russia must become this leader.
We believe that this country still possesses the necessary scientific and technical potential that will allow us to embody such a lofty objective. Such a project will turn Russia into the world’s ideological leader and will revive the leadership status of our country in many different scientific and technical areas.
Implementation of this technological project will inevitably result in an explosive development of innovations and global changes in civilization, and will improve human life.
We believe that before 2045 an artificial body will be created that will not only surpass the existing body in terms of functionality, but will achieve perfection of form and be no less attractive than the human body. People will make independent decisions about the extension of their lives and the possibilities for personal development in a new body after the resources of the biological body have been exhausted.
The new human being will receive a huge range of abilities and will be capable of withstanding extreme external conditions easily: high temperatures, pressure, radiation, lack of oxygen, etc. Using a neural-interface humans will be able to operate several bodies of various forms and sizes remotely.
We suggest the implementation of not just a mechanistic project to create an artificial body, but a whole system of views, values and technology which will render assistance to humankind in intellectual, moral, physical, mental and spiritual development.
We invite all activists to join the “Russia 2045” Strategic Social Movement: scientists, politicians, mass media personalities, philosophers, futurologists, businessmen. We welcome all who share our vision of the future and are ready to make the next jump.
The main objectives of our movement are:
1. To create an international ideological center for the development of technological breakthrough scenarios in Russia, and to establish relations with the international community in order engage in cooperation with foreign specialists.
2. To create an international research center for cyborgization to advance practical implementations of the main technical project – the creation of the artificial body and the preparation of man for transfer to it.
3. To engage experts in the selection and support of the most interesting projects in the quest to ensure technological breakthroughs.
4. To support innovative Russian science industries and create focused scientific education programs for schools and institutes of higher education.
5. To create educational programs for television, radio and internet, to hold forums, conferences, congresses and exhibitions, and to establish awards and produce books, movies and computer games;
6. To form a culture connected with the ideology of the future, promoting technical progress, artificial intellect, “multi-body”, immortality, and cyborgization.